Tonight we are having country dinner of temphe, mashed sweet potatoes and some kind of veggie. I still need to figure that out!
Alright, I decided on organic frozen corn, but that left the meal lacking in green. So, I added a salad of organic baby lettuces, left over roasted beats and celery. Use any dressing you like, but I chose Annies Goddess dressing.
Ingredient list"
3 - 4 large sweet potatoes
1 package tempeh
frozen or fresh veggie of your choice
Directions:
Peel, then cube sweet potatoes into 1 inch chucks
place in pot with water
bring to a boil, cook until soft
While potatoes cook, slice temphe in half, then slice those two halves in half (make thinner, not smaller) Now you should have 4 squares of skinny temphe.
Drizzle some soy sauce on the rough side of the temphe
Drain potatoes, then mash them up just like traditional mashed potatoes with milk and butter, salt and pepper.
Get your veggies going!
Heat a skillet over med-high heat. Add olive oil and a small amount of soy sauce, salt and pepper. Once heated, add the 4 pieces of temphe and saute each side until browned.
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment