Breakfast Casserole
12 oz Morningstar breakfast style sausage
2 cups 2% milk
2 cups egg substitute
1 tsp dry mustard
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 large eggs
16 oz slices hearty white bread, crust removed
1 cup shredded cheddar
1/4 tsp paprika
1. Heat oil in skillet over med-high heat. Cook sausage until browned. Remove from heat.
2. Combine milk and next 6 ingredients through egg in a large bowl. Stir with whisk.
3. Cube the bread and add sausage, cheddar, and paprika to the egg mixture. Let mixture sit for about 15 minutes before pouring into baking dish.
4. Pour into a 13 X 9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
** The original recipe says to let the mixture sit overnight in the fridge, but I missed this part the first time I made it, and it turned out fine. I did not refrigerate overnight the last time either and it seemed yummy as ever. **
No comments:
Post a Comment